If you feel the urge to uncover the truth and believe you are one with the instinct and sight to see beneath the many layers of lies and cover-ups so meticulously put on by the media, politicians, and enemies of Pakistan then all you need to do is to GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY AND WRITE THE TRUTH. Because if you don’t then you are one of those who just complains and does nothing but if you do then you have what it takes to be a true Pakistani.
We’ll be honest, though: writing for GroundZero takes work. We want your article to be at its best, and we’ll push you to get there. Once accepted, you’ll get extensive feedback from our team, and you’ll work closely with an editor on revisions. Just aim at bringing readers a fresh perspective on a topic that’s keeping you up at night.
For an article you’ve written it must be:
- Accurate and factual: This is the #1 most important rule for our site if what you submit isn’t factual and isn’t well researched, it won’t get accepted
- Educational and interesting: so it is illustrating some interesting facts, historical events, or the like, while not reading like a dictionary. Be bold, interesting, and human.
- Written by you with none of it plagiarized from somewhere else. (Note: We always double check this before accepting an article.)
- Not published elsewhere on the web. Published elsewhere in a magazine, book, or the like is OK, so long as you still own the rights to the article; please tell us if it’s been published in one of these places and where/when. We will decide if we wish to proceed with publishing it with due credit.
- Once your article is on GroundZero, you will not have the authority to get it published somewhere else as this is against journalistic ethics. If anyone wishes to publish your work from GroundZero then you should contact our team for permission, if granted then the publisher would be bound to give due credit to GroundZero for publishing it first.
- Please submit pitches and completed articles for consideration at email@example.com
- Preference will be given to original reporting and analysis, but we will also consider Op-Ed and commentary
- If you are attaching a complete article, please submit as a Word document rather than a PDF. We encourage the use of in-line hyperlinks for acknowledging sources.
- Add any relevant information about yourself and your experience level. If you’ve been published elsewhere or have examples of your work, those are always a plus to send along with a link.
How to submit (and what comes next)
In order to send your articles to the GZ team, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This should include your name and contact info as well.
- An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit. If so, the whole team will review and discuss it.
- The editor will collect the team’s feedback and get back to you with notes. (if needed)
- Once you’ve addressed our comments, send your revised draft back. The team will discuss it again and let you know if we want to accept it.
- We’ll schedule you for publication as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t give you a specific publication date until the article is almost ready to go live.