Prime Minister’s Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz on Friday said India has no credible explanation about why its serving naval commander was in Balochistan.
Aziz expressed hope that India would behave responsibly and refrain from issuing statements which will further aggravate people to people hostility.
Transparency was ensured in the proceedings of the trial, the adviser added.
India, by failing to provide explanation about Kulbushan Yadav’s presence in Pakistan, has unleashed a “flimsy propaganda campaign”, the PM’ senior aide said.
Addressing the media in Islamabad, Aziz said, “Inflammatory statements and rhetoric about “pre-meditated murder” and “unrest in Balochistan”, will only result in escalation, serving no useful purpose.”
According to PM’s adviser, the Indian spy – who was caught from Balochistan last year, has confessed he is a serving Indian Naval officer and admitted to have been working for RAW to stoke unrest and instability in Pakistan.
Condemning baseless allegations from India, Aziz said it was non-cooperation and lack of Indian response to Pakistan’s request for legal assistance, due to which consular access has not been provided to Yadav. “India has not allowed consular access to many Pakistani prisoners for many years despite repeated requests,” he added.
Commenting to the background and development of Yadav’s case, Aziz said, “Kulbushan Yadav, who is responsible for espionage, sabotage and terrorism in Pakistan, has been tried according to the law of the land, in a fully transparent manner while preserving his rights, as per the Constitution of Pakistan. Due process has been followed while proceeding against Yadav. All further action in this regard shall also be taken in accordance with our laws.
“As is widely known, Kalbushan Yadav alias, Hussain Mubarak Patel, a serving Commander of Indian Navy, and working with the Indian Intelligence Agency/RAW was apprehended on March 3, 2016 after he illegally crossed over into Pakistan from the Saravan border in Iran. Kulbushan Yadav was found in possession of an Indian passport issued by Government of India on May 12, 2015 and valid until May 11, 2024. He confessed that he is a resident of Mumbai, India, still serving in the Indian Navy and his retirement is due in 2022,” he added.
Terrorist activities in which Yadav was directly involved
During his address, Sartaj Aziz listed down numerous terrorist activities in which Yadav was involved.
- He sponsored and directed IEDs and Grenade Attacks in Gawadar and Turbat
- Directed attacks on the Radar station and civilian boats in the sea, opposite Jiwani Port
- Funded subversive secessionist and terrorist elements through Hawala/Hundi for subverting the Pakistani youth against the country, especially in Balochistan
- Sponsored explosions of gas pipelines and electric pylons in Sibi and Sui areas in Balochistan
- Sponsored IED explosions in Quetta in 2015, causing massive damage to life and property
- Sponsored attack on Hazaras in Quetta and Shia Zaireen enroute to and back from Iran
- Abetted attacks through anti-state elements against LEAs/FC and FWO in areas of Turbat, Punjgur, Gawadar, Pasni and Jiwani during 2014-15, killing and injuring many civilians and soldiers